This photo shows the belt-grinder remounted on the freshly finished mount-plate, that allowed the grinder to be re-positioned back 5 inches and to the right 2 inches.
I always had a issue with the 220 volt outlet that is just out of sight in this photo. The grinder was partially hiding the outlet, and it only took 10 years to correct the problem. Of course, I could have added a second 220 volt outlet to solve the problem of my two welders sharing this one outlet.
When I built this house, I had carefully drawn a layout for my shop, as to how the tools would be placed, and installed the electrical conduit with all the outlets myself. Therefore I can blame no-one but myself if there are issues. But then, I did not allow for a second welder being added to my shop.
This grinder was originaly a ordinary 8 inch bench grinder. The original grinding wheels and guards were removed. I added the belt grinder attachement shown on the right side, and made up the assembly on the left side that houses a silicon-carbide stone for grinding the tungstens for my tig welder.
The table in front of the silicon-carbide stone is built up from 6061-T6 aluminum and is fully adjustable.